Job Description – Australia
To apply for our current open positions please fill out our online form and select the specific job you are applying for in the dropdown menu. For any questions please contact us via email link.
Job Description – Australia
About the Role
Brisbane City Council’s Economic Development team works to enhance Brisbane’s capacity for long-term economic growth. It coordinates and implements projects to attract industry, investment, jobs and visitors.
The Economic Development team develops and participates in joint activities and strategic projects with internal levels of government, industry representatives and the private sector to implement the Brisbane Economic Development Plan.
As the Project Officer for Economic Development, you will play an important role in the implementation of the Brisbane Economic Development Plan and New World City Action Plan 2022 priorities and support the development of strategies for the economic growth of Brisbane.
Skills and Experience
Key duties for the role are:
- Deliver economic development projects of an investigatory, statistical, research or general nature
- Providing input, advice and assistance on economic development issues and strategies
- Proactive research to support economic development and development strategies
- Preparing and delivering presentations to key project stakeholders
- Monitor, evaluate and report on assigned project plans, budgetary performance and required time frames
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a professional field relevant to economic development
- Demonstrated research, analytical, policy, innovation, and problem solving skills
- Project management methodology knowledge and experience in the delivery of multiple projects to agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and consultation with relevant stakeholders
About Frontier Economics
There’s more to life than work, they say. They’re right. We’re passionate about providing a great service to our clients. But we also care about our social impact. It plays a role in how we run the business, day in day out.
We support our community where we live and work, to make sure we contribute actively to it. We do so by working (pro bono at times) with community partners that can use our analytical skills.
We strive to keep Frontier a great place to work, equal and fair for all our people. Our clients want to work with people who bring fresh perspectives, objectivity and passion: these things are best achieved when the working environment is right.
Role Location: Sydney, Australia
Applications Close: 30/7/19
How To apply: Click on the ‘Apply for Position’ button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and covering letter (of no more than one page) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
INSERT PHONE AND ADDRESS HERE IF REQUIRED.