Internships for Summer 2019/2020
Interested in applying for this position? Use our online application form below.
Frontier Economics provides economic consulting services to public and private sector clients across a range of industries and sectors, including energy, climate change, telecoms, transport, water, natural resources and financial services.
Making an impact for our clients means understanding their circumstances and critical issues – whether this is the commercial reality of their business, the forces driving customer behaviour, the implications of regulatory decisions, or even the political context. In all cases, we base our advice on sound economic frameworks and pride ourselves on our empirical work, generating results that can withstand even the closest scrutiny. The methods and models we use are often complex, but our advice is always succinct, clear, honest and reliable.
Frontier Economics seeks to take on a handful of interns in our Sydney and Melbourne office in the winter and summer Australian university holidays. We highly value individuals who can integrate strong problem-solving abilities and purposeful communication.
Working as an Intern at Frontier Economics could involve:
- working within small teams on projects in one of the sectors we are involved in to deliver transparent and well thought out results
- working and solving complex problems using data – whether small, medium or big data!
- researching or investigating issues or economic challenges facing our clients
- writing reports and/or presentations on findings in line with project deliverables
The ideal candidate will have:
- enrolment in and currently studying, at any level, an economics, econometrics, business analytics or related degree with strong academic results
- good data handling, management and analytical skills
- an eye for detail and a devotion to quality control and self-improvement
- outside-the-box problem solving skills
- competency in Microsoft Excel and/or a language such as R or Python
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- eligibility to work in Australia.
Application Closing Date: 21 October 2019
Locations: Melbourne and Sydney
Please state the location of preference in your cover letter
Internship Placement Period: November-March with flexibility on starting dates
Length of Internships: 4-6 weeks on negotiation with the successful applicants
- Interstate applicants will be expected to make their own living arrangements for the course of the internship
- All interns are paid
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Australia.
If this position appeals to you, please fill in the job description form. In your cover letter, please tell us a bit about you, your interest in economics and why an internship would benefit both yourself and Frontier Economics (no more than 2 pages).